The Badass Playlist: Tunnels

Most people with any interest in indie music, Canadian music, or good music have heard of Arcade Fire. This whole album is beautiful, especially after a few listens.
I picked this onto the playlist because it's not as worn-out as some of the ones you may have encountered. You will find no hate for "Wake Up" here, but after being in that movie preview and being blasted in my friend's car every day for months on end, I can't even think too hard about that song without feeling the bile rise into my throat.
Which sucks, because it's gorgeous and used to affect me in such a fantastic way. Fortunately, there's always the rest of the album. (And the other albums!)
Anyway, enough babble.


I don't remember if this was a single or anything, but it's a great example of the slow-build type of song that I associate with the band.  It's just good. Usually here I ask if you agree, but I don't even care. If you decide to dislike Arcade Fire I will just pretend you didn't tell me anyway.

Most importantly: LISTEN TO THE ENTIRE ALBUM IN SEQUENCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment