The Badass Playlist: MARVIN GAYE IS FUCKING AMAZING.

Lisa, your dad can suck it. Marvin is legendary. I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.
OBVIOUSLY he was not the only crazy amazing artist of the era, but he was BY NO MEANS a creator of bad music.  In a special edition of The Badass Playlist, I have compiled evidence to this effect.


First, I give you his ode to social change.



You can probably find a million better recordings of him singing this song, but I picked this one based on his tasteful, understated shirt (jumpsuit?) and sailor touque. Look at that pillar of sexiness and tell me you can resist him.
OH MY GOD LOOK AT HIS FRIEND IN THE GREEN WITH THE FRO. HOLY MOTHER I WANT TO KNOW HIM.



My second defense of Marvin:



Classic, classic, classic. Your lady is running around on you? This is the song you play. The perfect mix of soulful vocals and accusing backup singers.
My grandma loved this song, my mom loves this song, and I love this song. Motown is in our white, English/German/Chinese/Irish/whatever the fuck else blood.



Finally, the ORIGINAL. BABYMAKING. PANTY ANTHEM.



What more can I say?
"Anyone who doesn't love Marvin may be a soulless automaton", I guess, but otherwise I'm speechless

No comments:

Post a Comment