The Badass Playlist: El Scorcho

Wikipedia says Rivers Cuomo used to hate this album. Bro is way too hard on himself, though, because after a few listens I think Pinkerton is my favourite Weezer album. It seems to be pretty much autobiographical (which would explain the hate for it), with a bunch of nerd-anthems. 
I mean.. I can see why they'd want to move past where they were at the time of this album, but it's full of some of their most relatable songs! You should just download the album, but if you want my picks they are: El Scorcho, Tired of Sex, Falling For You, and Pink Triangle. 

Full disclosure: I'm kind of in a Weezer phase, so you might get a few of these posts devoted to Weezer songs over the next few days/weeks.


Now I know Weezer is Rivers' band, but can we just discuss how freaking rad the rest of the band is?! While Rivers over there is trying to facially recreate his feelings of romantic failure and hopelessness, guitar guy is ROCKING THE FUCK OUT, 24/7. THAT MAN HAS NO TIME FOR ANGST, HE'S TOO BUSY ROCKING. HE WILL DANCE ALONE IF NEED BE.


Note: Lisa, Pinkerton is named after a character in Madame Butterfly, I think. According to Wikipedia. Does that make any sense?






2 comments:

  1. OMG WEEZER ALBUM IS JUST HURLEY FROM LOST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ave now also fallen into a Wheeler. I really enjoy Buddy Holly because (mostly because its a good song and also because this guy i have a big crush on at shcool calls me buddy holly because my glasses make me "look like buddy holly") I also really like Troublemaker.

    ReplyDelete