The Badass Playlist: Coochie

Sooo, MAYBE I like this song a bit because there's a woman with my name in it being considered sexy by Ludacris.
BUT ALSO IT'S SUPER CATCHY.

Here's the first version I heard, the Blakroc one:


(A brief analysis: This song is a tribute to the vagina. )

AWESOME, RIGHT? I love songs about sexy ladies with minimal rapper bravado! Well... there's some bravado happening here. Ol' Dirty Bastard referring to himself as "the king" (of what, ODB? Please specify.) as part of some misguided attempt to get this honey named Renee to let him hit it again, Ludacris' little "aren't I dope" line, which may or may not be sincere... Ah, well. it's close. And these ladies, while being definitely objectified and fictional, are at least people with names and stuff, right? This pleases me.


Unrelated: Ol' Dirty Bastard was kinda scary-sounding. Did you know he's dead? I did not, until I looked him up. Turns out he's been dead for six years, and was the original artist of this song!
For reference, here is the original version.


Exact same lyrics, probably even the same recording of said lyrics, but totally different beat, and without the Black Keys' instumental business. Interesting, right?
I'm definitely in favour of the Blakroc version because of the incredibly sexy/drugtastic guitar/fuzzy noisemaker work, but it's interesting to know that version is somewhat of a remix! For some reason I imagined Dan Auerbach and Ludacris chillin' together during the production of this song, drinking beer and such.
Hopefully that still happened.

3 comments:

  1. There was a girl named Anna she was from Alabama (clagary), had a cooch (impeccable taste in music and viper television) that had me comin' back and forth from Atlana (Newfoundland).
    My version dosen't really work, but the notion is all true, also i have no doubt that one fine day you will inspire the repeated migration of some lucky man with your mad vajay-jay skills

    ReplyDelete
  2. viper is suppose to be vampier, it breaks the flow but what can you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM IN LOVE WITH YOU BLOG, YES that statement required all caps!!!! You are awesome anna!!!!

    ReplyDelete